Large adult dogs have a relatively small digestive apparatus and thus limited digestive capacity. Their intestinal walls are more permeable than those of small dogs, enabling more water to enter the intestines and thus cause a higher water content in stool. Increased fermentation of colon bacteria may also lead to flatulence in large dogs.
Because of their unique characteristics, large dogs not only have a delicate digestive system but also sensitive joints. Excessive exercise, especially of young dogs, may cause early damage of bones and joints.
Only a special, highly digestible diet may compensate for these attributes of large dogs: Royal Canin Maxi Adult dog food for large dogs (26 – 45 kg) from 15 or 18 months of age.
- Optimal digestive safety: EPA and DHA may contribute to optimal digestive safety, dried sugar beet shavings improve stool consistency
- Healthy heart: taurine may help to strengthen the heart function and support the heart muscle
- Healthy joints: chondroitin sulphate and glucosamine together with EPA and DHA support bone and cartilage health
- Enhanced palatability: carefully selected nutrients, modern technology, and natural flavors ensure maximum acceptance and help satisfy even fussy appetites
Corn, poultry protein (dried), corn feed meal, animal fat, pork (dried)*, animal protein (hydrolyzed), beet pulp, corn gluten feed, minerals, fish oil, soya oil, yeasts, hydrolysed crustaceans (source of glucosamine), hydrolysed cartilage (source of chondroitin).
* L.I.P.: Selected, easily digestible proteins of high biological value.
Nutritional dietary additives:
Vitamin A (16,000 IU/kg), vitamin D3 (1000 IU/kg), E1 [iron] (50 mg/kg), E2 [iodine] (5.1 mg/kg), E4 [copper] (10 mg/kg), E5 [manganese] (66 mg/kg], E6 [zinc] (197 mg/kg), E8 [selenium] (0.09 mg/kg), taurine (0.3 g/kg), preservatives, antioxidants.